1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I only went and did it!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Nov 3, 2019.

1. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

Stunning Belle. Well done.

towncryer likes this.
  2. towncryer

towncryer Lead commenter

Oh well done...for entering and doing so well.
    I see only one problem with your cup cakes....they look far too nice to eat!

Ah...just seen the bit where you say they're inedible...probably a good job...it would break my heart to destroy one of those.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Excellent Belle, I got a 'Highly commended' at the Bournemouth Hotel and Catering show many years ago. not many comps around Sussex and knee probs mean I can't travel far.

The last wedding cake I did.

[​IMG]

4. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Very pretty.

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

My last wedding cake
    [​IMG]

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

We have very different styles of decorating, Belle. My niece wanted minimal decoration on her cake, so that's what she got, it was still a bit more than she wanted!

BelleDuJour likes this.
  7. BelleDuJour

It's lovely for a minimalist cake. Very simple and pretty.
    The one I did was my own design and I love fantasy flowers as I don't have to worry about anatomical correctness!
    I'm probably going to enter something simliar as CI next year in the wedding cake class.
    Are you doing Christmas cakes yet Lapin? Just started mine.

8. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

A beautiful cake I did wonder at the flat top before my dirty mind explained it to me!

BelleDuJour and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  9. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

No, I was told that my knee op would be in 3 months which is just before Christmas, so not doing any. Have one left from last year so marzipan it, then cover all over with red roll-out icing and decorate with gold, not sure what yet though!

Lara mfl 05 and BelleDuJour like this.
  10. BelleDuJour

I've kept some decorations back from my CI entry......nuts, cones and leaves. Used them on one cake so far......................rest I will make up as I go along!

11. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

I'm going to make a dundee cake witha simnel middle and the odd marzipan ball on top alongside the lovely almonds. I can't stand icing. What shal I call it?

12. BelleDuJour

Odd Ball!

13. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

A Christsim cake?

BelleDuJour likes this.
  14. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

You haven’t told us your theme Belle. May I hazard a guess at Harvest or Autumn Delights? Fruits of Autumn perhaps?

15. JTL

JTL Occasional commenter

Oh and I forgot to say congratulations. Your cakes are beautiful. I loved the hand painted cake you did last year.

16. BelleDuJour

The theme was siimply 'Autumn'.
    And thank you for your kind comments.