1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I need to write a cheque and an essay

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Y_Miss, May 24, 2011.

1. I got a place at Brighton Uni to do a PGCE English starting in September. Since they made me the offer things from Brighton have been fairly quiet. In the last few days however I have received two large envelopes.
    The first had my CRB, Medical Check etc forms in it and asked for a cheque for just over £70. Excellent. A sign of things to come no doubt.
    The second envelope contained details of things I need to prepare for my course, another form, a reading list and...the fact that need to write a 1000 word essay! Homework already :(
    Has anyone else go to do any pre-course homework before they start?

2. I got a place at Brighton Uni to do a PGCE English starting in September. Since they made me the offer things from Brighton have been fairly quiet. In the last few days however I have received two large envelopes.
    The first had my CRB, Medical Check etc forms in it and asked for a cheque for just over £70. Excellent. A sign of things to come no doubt.
    The second envelope contained details of things I need to prepare for my course, another form, a reading list and...the fact that need to write a 1000 word essay! Homework already :(
    Has anyone else go to do any pre-course homework before they start?

3. shughesbio88

shughesbio88 New commenter

before I did my PGCE we had to pay for CRB check, there was a pre-course essay (impact of recent changes in education to the teaching profession I think) and there was a 2 week placement in a primary school with an attached portfolio of work.
    PGCE is generally lots of work so I would get a head start on the reading and enjoy some chill out before the madness begins :)