1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I need to book a holiday home (or next door homes) to accommodate 23...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Several of these will be children but I'm not getting anywhere googling. Basically my Dad died recently and the whole family agreed to complete the South West Coastal path that he had just 40 miles left to walk. So we're looking for a place to put the whole family up in Dorset. Can anyone recommend a company that deals with large properties / farmhouses or anywhere specific in Dorset? We want to book for next summer but reckon we need to get in there early as there can't be many places like this available. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

2. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Several of these will be children but I'm not getting anywhere googling. Basically my Dad died recently and the whole family agreed to complete the South West Coastal path that he had just 40 miles left to walk. So we're looking for a place to put the whole family up in Dorset. Can anyone recommend a company that deals with large properties / farmhouses or anywhere specific in Dorset? We want to book for next summer but reckon we need to get in there early as there can't be many places like this available. Any ideas will be gratefully received.

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

4. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

We stayed here
    http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/england/e618.htm
    We had both bits of the house and it did us very well. It's only just in Dorset but is a few seconds' walk from a nice beach and also near the shops. Obviously it's in the town not the countryside but there were some nice local shops, though the main road they were on was a bit scruffy.

5. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

How about the YHA?

6. Cestrian

Cestrian New commenter

Why not just contact the Dorset Tourist Board, or local tourist offices in the area you want, and get them to do the searching for you?

7. Good luck with this. It's a lovely idea, and I'm sure will provide memories for the family to share for another generation.

Can I suggest you look at the campsite uk website? Many of their campsites have static mobile homes to rent.

8. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

Thank you for all your lovely and helpful suggestions - I'm working my way through them all now.I'm not entirely sure how I've been so incapable of finding more myself. We've decided not to camp as there's lots of heavy walking and small children oh and my Mum who won't do camping (except for a night or 2 when she was in the girl guides!). Thanks again.

9. still might be worth looking at campsites, they often have a range of different tyoes of accomidation, some of it very comfortable, in permenant buildings. Good luck
    (sorry, one glass of wine too many for my spelling)

10. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I'll have a look then - thanks!

11. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

12. any good?http://www.cottageselection.co.uk/sites/cottageselection/Partners/WSC/Pages/PropertyDetails_C.aspx?QS=30C2F0CC-E244-435E-BDD1-DAE2C0EB4A95~C~DND~~216~GBP~~0~~A~N~~54a6a3b9-fb4f-47dc-a29b-306ee1d3112b~6499~0~0~~~Y~N~