1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I need song ideas

Discussion in 'Personal' started by disguise, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Thanks for the replies everyone, I have chosen a song for the modern concert I now need a British one post 1950s preferably from a musical. I am under strict instructions it must be lighthearted, upbeat, happy.

2. andromache

andromache New commenter

that's a great song! what about 'girls just wanna have fun'? something from musicals is a bit harder though.

3. Yeah the musical thing is a slight problem. Walking on Sunshine may work. The trouble with this concert is I need a few ideas as this one is not my decision - it's the director's. The other concert I have autonomy over!

4. ecky thump, the musical thing is difficult.
    I can only think of:
    I'd do anything (from Oliver)
    Gotta Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair (but that is not British...)
    And lots of Mary Poppins stuff! Or Sound of Music...
    Or maybe Summer Holiday.

5. Hmmm summer holiday may work... would ideas come forth if I say that it is vaguely a jubilee celebration?

6. The only other musicals I can think of from that era were The Boyfriend and The Salad Days...

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Elton John's "I'm still standing" ought to be ok.You could make out it came from a musical and they'd probably believe you. If they argue about it, tell them ithe musical will be released later this year.