1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I need some help please

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by Goldopals, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

Hi, I do not know if this is the right place, but if it is not please point in the right direction.
    I have started a new job and have a year 8 in my science and SOSE (society and environment) classes who cannot read at all. He can copy words from the board and textbook but has no comprehension. He does not have a specific learning disability (found from numerous tests) but has been unable to learn how to read due to a combination of unfortunate events.
    There are no available teacher aides to help me. Are there any resources available that might help me? I have been told he is working at Reception level. At the moment I am teaching Forces and Energy in Science, and mapping in SOSE.
    Thanks for any help!

2. Goldopals

Goldopals New commenter

Hi, I do not know if this is the right place, but if it is not please point in the right direction.
    I have started a new job and have a year 8 in my science and SOSE (society and environment) classes who cannot read at all. He can copy words from the board and textbook but has no comprehension. He does not have a specific learning disability (found from numerous tests) but has been unable to learn how to read due to a combination of unfortunate events.
    There are no available teacher aides to help me. Are there any resources available that might help me? I have been told he is working at Reception level. At the moment I am teaching Forces and Energy in Science, and mapping in SOSE.
    Thanks for any help!