1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I NEED ADVICE

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jamescold20, Apr 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hi all, I'm currently undertaking a 7-14 PGCE. As such my two placements are laid out slightly differently. We do 1 primary and 1 secondary placement. My primary placement is going perfectly (my current placement), whereas my secondary placement is not. All of my lesson observations have gone smoothly, no faults whatsoever, but I'm worried about failing the placement. Out of the 60 days, I've already completed 56, the problem is that there are only 4 left and things like interviews are going to get in the way of some of these. My Subject mentor said I run the risk of not passing the placement due to not teaching the last couple of days, I've already complained to my Uni tutor twice, but his advice was to just keep my head down and give her no excuses. Which is what I'm doing. What I want to know is if she can fail me (there isn't really enough time left for a cause for concern and action plan), and if so, what can I do? Can I appeal the decision? Do I collect evidence to prove I've met the standards? How can I appeal this? It's just so late in the year to be considered to almost fail a placement.

2. (The last 4 days are spread out on 1 Friday per week for the next month).

3. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

There won't be a job for you if you don't get the PGCE so do the 4 days.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

Contact the interview schools and ask for a change of day. Don't risk failing.