1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I need a job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MUSICJO, Dec 8, 2015.

1. MUSICJO

MUSICJO New commenter

Hello!
    I need advice on getting a job. I am currently doing supply and doing a degree in another subject for 2 days a week. I need a job for Mon-wed as supply is terrible. I have earnt just over a grand in 3 months and we are really struggling financially. There seems to be little work and it's a nightmare getting early morning phone calls whilst I am trying to organize child care. The money is also terrible. The problem is there are no jobs advertised and the posts I have been offered through supply are full time. Is there any merit in contacting schools directly and sending my cv?
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Part time work usually goes to the teachers already working in a school I'm afraid. They are highly sought after posts.
    Most advertised posts are full time unless you are fitting into a secondary school timetable.
    The main factors affecting employment are
    Are you primary or secondary?
    Where you are located?