1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I miss my sister :(

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

(((Looby Lou))) -Thinking of you - and remember there's no right or wrong way to grieve - no obvious course for grief. I know It must be so painful for you - I can't imagine how it must feel to have lost a sibiling. I post on the bereavement thread when I'm feeling like some support over my Dad's death last year - I guarantee you'll get some uplifiting support and advice there.

2. Looby Loo, that is so sad. I have 3 younger siblings and don't know what I would do if any of them died. You will get through this sad time - but sometimes time doesn't heal as quickly as others think. Still really miss my father 23 years on.

3. I don't quite know what to say but didn't want to leave without doing anything. Some kind thoughts on the way from me to you.

4. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

thinking about you xx

5. Looby Loo I too lost my younger and only sister two years ago and I miss her so much I just wanted to say I know what its like. I hope you have someone to give you a big hug. I know it does not always work but I try and tell myself that Mary my sister would not want me 'wallowing' and being sad. I am using the term wallowing as Mary and I used to say "right we will be allowed to wallow for so long then we will put our heads up and fight and be happy" - this especially when she was told she had stomach cancer. But As someone else said on this its not about me, I just wanted you to know I feel for you and hope you can smile again soon. X

6. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

7. Lots of thoughts coming your way.

8. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

That was to sparklepigs comment that they were thinking of you - it got intercepted as it were. Just wanted to say that I too was thinking of you.xx

9. Looby_Lou14

Looby_Lou14 New commenter

To Everyone who has taken the time to read and send me your hugs and wishes, Thank you so much!
    I am very lucky that my OH is brilliant and knows all of the ins and outs of what happened, and lets me talk, share memories or just cry as much as I want! The memories are quite sore because I was only 11 at the time and witnessed a lot more than I probably should have (CPR, etc.) and although my sister had been ill most of her life, her death was a complete shock and out of the blue in one of her 'good' times- she was only 6 years old. I think I just feel so sad for the whole situation, I find it hard to understand why she had to suffer so badly for 5 out of her 6 years and all to be taken so quickly... It's not fair.
    Saying that, I am SO glad she is where she is (probably somewhere hot, laughing at me!) and that she didn't have to suffer anymore.
    I always used to tell myself that she went up to be a star, and even now I look up to them twinkling back at me. i know she's there. Seems silly but it's comforting.
    To those who have shared their own experiences- please do not feel bad or as if you are taking over the thread- you are right- It is nice to share experiences and stories, so thank you and ((((hugs)))) to you too!

No doubt in the next few days she will have some surprises in store for me- she usually does this time of year (ornaments disappearing/ moving, only her pictures falling over and smashing, etc) so I am going to go to bed now to get some sleep while I can!

Thank you all again, means so much to me xxxxx