1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I met Theo Griff!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Laura2288, Feb 25, 2012.

1. I met Theo on Friday for a 2 1/2 hour 121 session. It was amazing, He seemed to know more about me than I did!
    Hopefully I'll be able to put everything he's told me into practice for my interview.

2. Yes, thanks again.
    I went out and bought the book you recommended yesterday afternoon and have just finished it. Couldn't put it down!
    xx

3. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

I met Theo too at a seminar on Saturday! He was exactly as I imagined and the seminar was brilliant. Not one wasted word. It was definately worth the money....everyone should go if they can...........

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    I'm blushing . . . .
    I will say that I always very much enjoy doing the seminars, meeting people, helping them see what they can do to showcase their skills.
    It was a really lovely group on Saturday, I think that we had a great time together, with some laughs (remember that poor girl I told you about who asked me if the interview was over now? [​IMG]), and a lot of hard work done too. Done by the attendees, not by me - I set them some difficult tasks that they coped with well.
    And I gave them homework as well . . . Hope you've been doing it, Thomson!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

5. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Yes homework in hand and planning to use the executive summary in my next application and passing on useful interview tips to job hunting colleagues at school...........

6. Oh I've been telling EVERYONE about that! I really enjoyed it too and it was an honour to meet you - I was a bit star struck and in awe, having followed your advice since applying for my very first post back in 2006 (successfully). Dan

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Ha!
    I can put a face to that name! It was good to meet you, FunkyEnya, and I wish you all the best in the applications for the next stage of your career.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.

8. Thank you. I had that very interview today - see the Interview Reminders thread.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Then we are all expecting a new thread from you very soon!
    (But the wait will be AWFUL, just AWFUL!)

10. Hi Griff
    I have just completed my Teacher Assistant Level 2 course and I also have master Degree from Poland. I have also being doing part time voulnteery TA role at this schools for last one and half years.
    I live in East London and looking for Teacher Assistant role around for last six months.
    I have completed many applications form. But for some reason I don't seem to be getting any interview. Some things is not right with application form and I don't seem to see where I am going wrong.
    Please can you guide me where I can I to get help with my application form. I am willing to make some payment toward.
    Many Thanks
    Kamila

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo Kamila!
    Glad to hear from you.
    The best thing for you to do is to e-mail Julia on advice@tes.co.uk She will be sble to advise you on this.
    Best wishes