1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I know this is the least of my problems, but...

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by r3dh3d, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Ofsted tomorrow. What the HECK do I wear?

The background is that I am a parent governor at a Special School. So, as a Carer I live in jeans and a t-shirt that can be easily washed (several times a day, if necessary), and I tend to turn up to school meetings in whatever I was wearing at the time: everyone has to take me as they find me, Worzel Gummidge hair and all.

I've never been hauled in for an Ofsted inspection before. I am absolutely up for it, swotting up the data, printing minutes, etc, but the dress code question is bugging me. I don't want to bother the SMT who are probably having a far more impressive panic of their own right now, but otoh I don't want to show everybody up tomorrow. I can do a suit (I have several suits. I had a job, once...) I can do jeans. I struggle with "smart casual" but I can probably deliver that too. What is the expectation?

2. Jeans and t shirt are your work gear. I would go as you are, then do a quick 'sorry for the casual dress, but this is my work attire' introduction as you meet the inspector, so everyone is clear and the issue is out in the open.