1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I know this is only going to depress me but...

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by misterroy, Nov 24, 2015.

1. misterroy

misterroy New commenter

What are SALs?

I believe Education Scotland are Developing HOTS.

All this in an education system where the answers need not be in the course.

2. bigjimmy2

bigjimmy2 Lead commenter

SALs are just like Learning Outcomes, specifically designed to make pupil learning simpler. SALs are fluid and flexible and are made up on the spot. Eg, "bring a pen to school" is known to significantly improve learning. Other examples known to dramatically improve attainment include "paying attention in class", "don't use your mobile phone" and "enter this world through a wealthy birth canal".

As we all know, attainment in pupils with a willie falls well behind those without a willie. The main problem with this type of pupil is a complete lack of attention to anything in the known universe. The HOTS initiative is designed to attack this particular problem. HOTS teachers are young, female teachers designed to be sexually attractive to male pupils aged 13 to 17. It is reckoned that boy pupils attention will increase dramatically, with a corresponding increase in attainment.

You know I'm kidding, I know I'm kidding. We both know some killjoy will complain and this post will be removed because of political incorrectness - and all because they didn't have a HOTS teacher . . .

JPM1967 and holdingon like this.
  3. Potatoes005

Potatoes005 Occasional commenter

Aww here we go, SALs, Learning Outcomes, which I heard are called Success Outcomes the other week now, or some other such nonsense when they could just say "Aim" like I used to in the 70s.

Things that are known to significantly improve learning, SAL3.5.6d - Come to school.

The kool aid has definitely been spiked, I better get myself through there and remove all traces of it and not waste my retirement watching old episodes of The Chase on one of they high up channels past 135.