1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I know it is wrong to say this but....whats wrong with me!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by beachhut, Jan 6, 2011.

1. And you shouldn't feel like that becaaaause???????
    If you can do it, do it!

2. My baby is only 16weeks old,and apart from an hour or two when during day on about 3 ocassions, I haven't left him. My husband and I had planned an evening out before christmas (just a film or meal) but due to the bad weather, I didn't want my parents to have to come over and babysit as unnecessary risk. My friend has asked me to go out on Sat evening for a few hours and I would love to. My husband is a bit anti-alcohol (before we decided to have a baby, I was a bit of an evening wine lover) so I am nervous that he will think me irresponsible (although not drinking for 12 months should demo some will power!!)

3. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Go for it! You are an individual as well as a mother...

4. Hear hear!
    My LO is 11 months old. When he was 6 months old, OH and I went to Pairs for two nights to celebrate our second wedding anniversary, left in the capable hands of his nana and grandad. Last week we had a night away on our own and I regularly have a night out (or in) with the girls. Don't feel bad!

5. Do it!!!
    Why should you not feel that you want to have a drink and dance?
    My hubby and I went for a meal when my LO was five weeks old. (It felt like we were gone for ages, we were gone less than two hours!)
    Since then I've been out a couple of times and it makes me a better mummy, it's good to feel like you've had a break and thought about something else other than nappies and bottles for a few hours.

6. Good for you, I found the thought of leaving him was much worse than the reality. I don't go out often but when I do I really appreciate it! x

7. My Baby was born in Nov at just before she was 5 weeks we had a wedding but the weather was so bad I didn't want her driven in it. It was a good friend of mine so I went without her and left her with hubby and had a lovely evening. 2 days later it was our first wedding anniversery so my parents had her while we went for a meal. Yesterday ( nearly 9wks) I went with my mum and sis to see Oliver in the west end. I did miss her each time (and called/texted lots) but enjoyed myself. Go for it!

xx

8. Before LO was born OH and I had booked a night out at a gig for when she was 4 weeks old; I ummed and ahhed and felt terrible about leaving her but eventually decided to go for it. She slept the whole time with my mum and step dad looking after her (phew!) and we had a great time. Felt guilty for a bit, but all night OH and I exchanged these little smiles and it was just so lovely to be alone together after the whirlwind of having her and the first four weeks. It was a lovely bonding experience and I recommend it! I also went out with the girls when she was about 4 months old and haven't stopped since! You are a person as well as a mummy and as long as LO is safe and well looked after (usually you could leave to go out after they have gone to bed) go out and enjoy yourself! There is NOTHING wrong with wanting a life outside of being with your baby 24/7.

9. P.S. Don't forget the breast pads though!!

10. go for it!! having a hot bath, shaving your legs, blow drying hair and putting make up on feels great!! did you make friends with your antenatal group?? you could arrange to have a mums night out and leave the dad incharge of babies!!

enjoy x