1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I know christmas isn't all about the pressies...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ...but what did you all get!?

2. Half a new bed ... Luckily we both wanted the same thing ... LoL
    slippers, smellies, books, wii games ... I must have been a good girl

3. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

Much more fun when your a naughty girl.......they somehow seem to get more presents LOL
    AS for me.....wel i aint got it yet.its s till in america...but usual things like sweets.cd's,oh and an experience on a steam train....no that i will like!

4. Just a necklace and a new calender - I buy my own Christmas presents! [​IMG]
    The ones I bought other people were a hit though which surprised me as I usually get it all wrong!

5. Whilst I always get gifts that I love the real excitement is in watching those I love open the gifts that I have chosen for them
    my better half especially liked the blokes book of bl00dy terrifying stuff

6. Apart from the tickets to Kiri Te Kanawa's concert, got an enormous red flowered bromeliad in an extremely heavy pot, a beautiful polished mahogany jewel box containing a lovely string of freshwater pearls, hamper - a soft, insulated one with the bonus of lots of edibles inside, a nice jacket, some garden tools with super back-saving extendable handles, a pair of poinsettias in bright red pots to adorn the sides of the front door mat - lovely stuff.
    And karma will always get you. The heavy pot donor was the recipient of an equally burdensome item from us - with a nice assortment of succulents.
    But the best gift is always to watch the delighted littlies with their treasures.

7. I had a really huge Christmas surprise this year involving travel - I'm so excited. Just need to renew my passport. :)

8. y9840125

y9840125 Occasional commenter

I had lovely presents this year - lots of vouchers for next, a costa coffee hamper set, chocs, alcohol, sweets, books and my dad, bless him, has just bought me a laptop as my other one has recently died. Merry Christmas all x

9. I have just made my Lego models ... My old man knows my needs

10. Adelady, I hate to sound like a nag but do reconsider putting your poinsettias outside - they're poisonous to cats and we all know how I love my mogs [​IMG]

Lego sounds EXCELLENT. I had the brainwave last night that christmas should be about childhood and therefore all gifts should be toys or games! My favourite gifts are always board games etc.
    We have been to OHs parents for christmas and are going to my parents shortly so have only had half of our gifts so far! His parents bought me smellies, a lovely purple leather bound diary, and cat books (they know me well!). His sister bought us John Lewis vouchers as we are moving out soon (touch wood everything goes to plan) which was also lovely. I know people say money/vouchers dont have as much thought but I think it is much better to admit you dont have a specific gift idea and let people enjoy their own shopping trip instead!

11. charlotte.johnson06

charlotte.johnson06 New commenter

Mark Hill Hair Set, Gorgeous by Gok Wan set, a white fluffy dressing gown and some socks [​IMG].
    My friend posted to me some chocolate too - a 400g Toblerone bar and 2 x 300g Milka bars which I am slowly devouring! [​IMG]

12. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Gardden centre vouchers. Hmmm.

13. In addition to the usual collection of smellies and chocolates, I got a Kindle (love it) and the most random pressie I've ever had... an electric plate warmer.
    My eldest daughter made me a lovely necklace so that's really special.
    I feel very lucky.

14. Impulce, board games, yes.
    I made sure that every child (apart from our sadly disabled one) got a board game. One of my great childhood memories is of jigsaws. 3 or 4 of us with a huge (or we thought so) jigsaw on the living room floor after tea on Christmas night. Usually took us happily through a couple of days.

15. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I was really spoilt this year - i got a lovely new laptop from my husband, and my MIL got me some maternity clothes, tights etc. I'm seeing my parents soon too and my mum said she has some pressies for us! My 18 month old son was really spoilt too and has lots of new toys, clothes and books!

16. Phoenixchild

Phoenixchild Occasional commenter

A kindle, a case for the kindle, some perfume, some money.xx

17. Smellies, slippers, Dr Who Annual ( my friends know me too well ) HMV voucher, cardigan, no chocolate or sweets at all. Last year I had enough to last till Easter.
    My bestest pressie was watching my baby grandsons face when he realised Chistime Man had been, that bike was worth every penny. Plus he got loads of chocs and sweets so now is a good time to reinforce the sharing is a good thing message.

18. Digital SLR camera because I fancy having a go at A-level Photography. Watch, kitchen knives and other kitchen paraphernalia, and a couple of scarves as I wear one every day!

Not seen mum yet, so a few to open there, once the car's fixed.

19. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Silver earrings, some CDs, lovely fluffy purple socks, cash and toffees. My main present was a pair of hiking boots that I have already been using - very useful in this snow.
    The best present I found for Mr BS was a burping bottle opener. He loved it!
    Still more to come when we see the rest of my family tomorrow....

20. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aha! So you found one then... [​IMG]