1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I keep noticing instances of Karma

Discussion in 'Personal' started by afterdark, May 5, 2019.

1. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

Just recently, I started to notice instances of Karma.

Burglary spree pair who 'taunted' police on Facebook jailed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-48064794

Young man quickly realises he’s picked on the wrong guy in shocking video of bus fight

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/02/youn...g-guy-in-shocking-video-of-bus-fight-9392489/

My all time favourite is the Tory who voted to cut legal aid spends life savings fighting false allegations

https://www.theguardian.com/law/201...alsely-accused-tory-mp-attacks-legal-aid-cuts

Anyone else have any examples of Karma or poetic justice.

ATfan likes this.
  2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

This one did the rounds a few years ago.

3. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

Jonathan Aitken, Tory MP in the late 90s lied about who paid a hotel bill. He said his wife paid half the bill but the Guardian had evidence to the contrary. He made a famous speech about 'bent and twisted journalism' and vowed to fight the paper. He was found guilty of perjury and sent to prison.

4. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

ATfan and nomad like this.
  5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Scary!! I was thinking about this incident just a couple of days ago. :eek:

nomad likes this.
  6. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

I wish my husband (the one I left four years ago - parental alienator) could have a bit of poetic justice thrown at him ............. (If it's OK to wish that here)

7. Dragonlady30

Be patient! ;)

8. Pageant

Pageant Occasional commenter

I'm trying Dragonlady 30 but people like him always seem to come up smelling of roses.

I emailed him today to ask for a document I'd left behind in my haste to abort our 40+ year living arrangement. Asked him (stupidly) how daughter is..... his reply was "She's fine".

(sorry but not really sorry to vent on this thread even tho' it's off topic)

ATfan likes this.
  9. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

There is no Karma, forget it. Look forward.
    With apologies to @EmanuelShadrack .

10. nizebaby

nizebaby Star commenter

Revenge (even at second hand) is complicated enough without bringing in the concept of karma.

"What goes around comes around" is more what is meant here. Sadly, that doesn't always happen.

ATfan and slingshotsally like this.
  11. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I went to a restaurant called Karma. It had no menu, they just brought you the food you deserved.

12. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

I've never noticed any. All I see is bad people benefiting from their badness at the expense of others.
    Good job we have gun laws here.

sodalime likes this.
  13. towncryer

towncryer Senior commenter

No karma as yet for the nasty b**** who forced me and other older colleagues out of our jobs some years ago. I see from teacher forums that her career is still in the ascent but her approach has still not changed regarding older teachers but still she goes on.
    When /if karma kicks in I really hope hope it's big!

slingshotsally likes this.
  14. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

Perhaps the wheel of Karma needs a little nudge. This has been said before but perhaps an anonymous complaint about 'her' might start the ball rolling. Make a habit or giving the wheel a little help turning 'afore ye go'.

Dragonlady30 and towncryer like this.
  15. afterdark

afterdark Lead commenter

Looking forward is generally good advice. But I disagree about the non-existence of Karma; there can be Karma. You can make sure the bearings of the wheel are lubricated and the gentlest nudge can start it turning.

You should make a point of it with bullies. I do.

16. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Our control-freak line manager had a break-down and left. That was after I'd handed in my retirement notice, not that it would have made much difference. I did actually feel sorry for this person in the end, as they were their own worst enemy and clearly suffer from mental health issues which they are struggling to manage.

17. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Our neighbour moved in about 7 years ago. The garden is vast, it is like a short fat T shape, the upright bit is the original garden of the house, the cross bit the same depth but it goes behind another two houses on either side making it 5 gardens wide. It used to be allotments but was bought by a former leader of the parish council when the allotments were being sold off, 40-50 years ago now. It has been one big untouched wasteland since before they moved in and they have done nothing to improve it.

I won't go into all details, but it seems they had a plan all along to sell the land for housing (7 new houses) when some covenant on the land had run out as it did last December. This would have been devastating for us in particular with a new road the whole length of our plot from the existing road down one side of our front and back gardens with a load of new houses across the bottom completely changing the nature of where we and our neighbours live.

They failed to get planning permission, turned down flat for reasons they can't address. They were very sneaky the way they went about it and for other reasons they have shown themselves to be greedy and uncaring of others, planning and lying for years.

They now have a house they paid over somewhat over the odds for on the basis it seems that they would make a big profit. Their garden is now a wasteland strewn with felled tree trunks and big mounds of bark chippings. The work needed to make something of it is enormous. They have no interest in gardening even in the most basic sense.

A load of big ugly dark conifers that shaded our garden have gone, so we've come out of it on top for the time being at least.

18. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Our ex-HT - a vicious bully who ruined numerous people's careers and lives (he was also a philandering git)

Then finally someone wrote it all down and mailed it to OFSTED - they duly arrived and booted him out as the school went into SM

Shortly afterwards he had a fatal heart attack.

19. dleaf12

dleaf12 Lead commenter

An embittered ex-wife received a visitation from a powerful Genie who granted her three wishes - but there was a catch. For every wish she was granted her ex would get the same only 10-fold more.

Her first wish was to be beautiful. There was a flash of light and in the mirror she saw that she looked 10 years younger, glowing with health. Out in the town with her friends she caught sight of her ex - who now had the bronzed body of an adonis and was surrounded by admiring young women.

Her second wish was to be rich. Again the flash of light, and she found her purse full of gold coins. Her ex was seen loading a whole trunk of gold into his car.

For her third wish she turned to the Genie and asked... "Could I have just a little heart attack?"....

nomad, Dragonlady30, Pageant and 2 others like this.
  20. Dragonlady30

Of course, karma works both ways. A great friend of mine is fantastic at giving her time to help others in all sorts of ways. It's not for glory, but if she can lend a hand, she will. In the next few weeks she is going to need some support and she is overwhelmed with the offers. She's found it very humbling but I told her that it was her reward for all the support she has given others.