1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I just got tickets

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Aug 4, 2012.

1. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

No, had a nice letter from the bank telling me how much PPI repayments I'm getting, so can afford Jordan. Planning to stay a night in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum as well! Still got to book the flights and trying to work out if I pay more which means getting to and from Heathrow with RJ or going on the cheap from Gatwick with sleazyjet.I'm in 2 minds, unfortunately the RJ flight lands in Amman at 12.15 at night, so 1.15 in the morning by the time got visa etc and my friends will insist on picking me up from the airport. Sleazyjet lands back here also at 12.15am!! Which is worse?

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Honestly, after seeing the TV programme about EasyJet and the way they treat their customers, I wouldn't touch them with a barge-pole.
    I have no personal experience of them though so they may be very good.
    When are you off?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

October, have just booked with them, Royal Jordanian is twice the price, OK that includes food and drinks, but it means getting to and from Heathrow! Also been trying to fit it in with o/h's shifts but can't so going to have put dog in kennels for a few days.

4. dozymare1957

I've got a friend who takes dogs (all declared to tax man) when people are away. I can put you in touch if you're interested. She's in Eastbourne.

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Please, that would help.

6. Thank you so much to the poster who suggested watching the triathlon in Hyde Park. I did just that today and had a great time. The atmosphere was fabulous and I was in a great position to watch the cycling. Even the weather was super, no rain and not too hot.

7. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

EasyJet are fine. I've never had any problems with them.

8. aspensquiver

aspensquiver Star commenter

Nor me. I think people just like saying SqueezyJet / SleazyJet, tbh.

9. I have never had any problems.
    Not comparable with Lufthansa, but certainly ok.

10. dozymare1957

Re EasyJet. I've no experience of them at all but my husband loves the programme about them so I've seen loads of episodes. If all goes well they are lovely but they are very rude and unpleasant to people if things go wrong.
    This would put me off using them. They're obviously not all bad because their flights are pretty much always full.