1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I just bought some lamb....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Nov 27, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Uh oh
    I just bought half a lamb and a turkey online. I had better eat lots of ice cream to make room for it in the freezer!
    It was cheaper than supermarket prices and organic too. A lot cheaper.
    I blame all these food programmes. I just had to have a bronze turkey delivered to my door on the 23rd of December. It was not cheap.
    I am being careful not to make any spelling mistakes or other errors... v12 might be snooping around.
    I can't do anything about the lack of wit and elegance though.

2. v12

v12

[​IMG]
    I actually liked this bit very much:
    and could imagine it being read to me.
    Perhaps that is the mark of a well written post?

3. v12

v12

I'm not normally uber-pedantic, but there were some absolute howlers in that one thread.

4. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

v12, you need an umlaut on uber.

5. v12

v12

Ahh. I did consider it, but then, after checking my Chambers, decided against its necessity.

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I've ordered the Ultimate Christmas box from Donald Russell, already got the gammon, unfortunately the turkey doesn't come with giblets, so I'll be reduced to trying to find a butcher to sell me some!
    I did ask why and apparently it's because the turkeys are bought from France and Britain doesn't allow the import of giblets.

7. v12

v12

Ooo. That would have been a good word for the "My favourite word" thread a few weeks ago:
    Eviscerated

"If you're not careful, Jones minor, I'll have you eviscerated by Matron, young fellow-m'lad!"

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Sounds like a line from a Carry On film!