1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I just absolutely love being a teacher!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Feb 28, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I taught yoga to two classes this afternoon, was really nervous as I've never taught it before. I thought some of the boys might spoil things a bit (they aren't all the calmest most new age type!) but they didn't.

I felt really unprepared as I wasn't expecting to teach it until next week, but a visitor cancelled at the last minute.

Was an amazing afternoon and I loved it! They did too and none of us can wait until next week!

Being a teacher is just the very best job in the whole wide world!

2. I love it!! I have great days and some good days and now and again some bad days but never ever an ordinary day!!
    That's Wat I love about being a primary teacher!!

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I'm with you, minnie; and those days when you come home knowing you've done it well and that the kids enjoyed it too --- nothing to beat it.

4. Love spoons!

5. I love the fact that some of my old Year 6s who left two years ago, still make a concerted effort to come up and see me after school and tell me what's happening for them:)

6. Yea it's great having those days when something has gone really fantastically great and you leave with a big smile on your face. Well done!

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Totally with all of you re all of the above aspects of the job.
    Now, if we could only do something about the meaningless box ticking/acres of pointless paperwork/HT, SMT and LEA constantly biting you on the arse about raising standards every half-term...

Sorry.