1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

i) Is anti-semitic a synonym for anti-zionist in contemporary Britain?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BigFrankEM, Nov 26, 2019.

1. nomad

nomad Star commenter

You appear to be confusing the Friends of Israel with the Jewish Labour Movement.

alex_teccy likes this.
  2. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Bet it's the Israeli Embassy's fault. :p

* smiley added to indicate a joke.

alex_teccy and nomad like this.
  3. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Lead commenter

Oh really? And what bearing does this have on the testimonies we’ve seen? How did any of this impact on the anti-semitism in the Seven Sisters Labour Party for example?

4. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Established commenter

It is not irrelevant. These people, in my opinion, are bought and paid for by Netanyahu and the State of Israel which, I might add, like all states, has no right to exist.

5. alex_teccy

alex_teccy Lead commenter

Which people? The people giving the testimonials? Have you read them? Do you think that what you are saying is plausible at all?

The UN is very clear where the legitimacy of states lie. What you or I think about that is irrelevant.

6. Spoofer4114

No sorry, I don't care much for fiction. I'm guessing that the complainants are all associated with JLM and I am willing to wager not one of the complaints is from anyone associated with Jewish Voice for Labour. If I'm wrong then I will take a look at these complaints. JLM have exactly zero credibility. God knows what it is about the Palestine supporting Corbyn they don't like.

7. Spoofer4114

If Israel can take no notice of what the UN says, then so can I.

8. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Neat. Two anti-Semitic statements in one post.

9. Spoofer4114

You should report it if you think that. You do care about fighting anti-semitism after all. I'd be interested to see if the comment disappears.

By the way the Palestinian state has no right to exist either. Report this for Islamophobia. Both comments should be against terms and conditions according to an anti-racist like you.

We'll see.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  10. Spoofer4114

Here's another one. The UK state has no right to exist either. Looking like Christianophobia there @LondonCanary . I think you need to hit that report button.

I could be on a hat-trick of deleted comments. I could be the first person on TES to be guilty of Christianophobia.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  11. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

And get your AS opinion hidden? Certainly not.

Kandahar likes this.
  12. Spoofer4114

Not to mention my Islamophobic and Christianophobic opinions.

How predictable. So much for you being against 'anti-semitism'.

All talk.

13. burajda

burajda Star commenter

You should post this on the electronic intifada. They'll probably call you a Zionist troll though.

14. Spoofer4114

If they saw everything I wrote they wouldn't say that. Particularly the bit about the State of Israel not having a right to exist.

15. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

One of the best and most comprehensive reads I've yet come across on the whole antisemitism scandal.

https://medium.com/@sararoseofficia...ow-about-labour-and-antisemitism-649b5bc1e576

The article highlights the following:
    upload_2019-12-7_17-35-53.png

Also... people asserting that there is more antisemitism on the "right" than on the "left"... when we consider the fluid nature of antisemitism... how the definition excludes zionism even though that is used as an antisemitic slur... no wonder the abuse is skewed. The left rejects the very definition that would drag them down to the same level as those on the antisemitic right.

16. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Good job the Palestinian Authority and its elected members and President disagree with you on the right of the state of Israel to exist though.

alex_teccy likes this.
  17. Spoofer4114

Only in the minds of smear merchants.

18. Spoofer4114

I don't care what they think. I'll do my own thinking. No state has a right to exist and you'd agree if the Germans had won WWII and made Britain part of the German state.

19. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Not really, the British state has been reformed a couple of times by foreign Intervention, I'm not bothered that the Dutch invaded us and helped form the modern British state and nor is anyone else.

20. Spoofer4114

So you think the British would have accepted Britain being part of the German state after WWII?