1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I haven’t been paid for time off sick (temp contract)

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by clementinesandbrazilnuts, Sep 30, 2020.

1. clementinesandbrazilnuts

clementinesandbrazilnuts New commenter

I have been signed off with a doctors note since the 18th September. It’s a temporary contract, but fixed term. I’ve checked my contract and it says I am entitled to full pay for 25 working days and half pay for 50, and I haven’t been off for anything like that and in any case I’m sure that’s not correct.

can anybody help? I’m going out of my mind here.

2. shevington2

shevington2 New commenter

Are you paid at the end of the month ? Check Bank Account. No payment speak to the school, have they made a mistake? No joy speak to your Union.

3. clementinesandbrazilnuts

My pay went in today but was over £600 less than it normally is.

My contract clearly states that it should be 25 days full pay, and I have a doctors note. So I genuinely don’t see how they could have made a mistake, although I’ve raised it and it’s with payroll at the moment. I’m panicking because it will mess up my maternity pay.

4. shevington2

shevington2 New commenter

Payroll do make mistakes. See what answer they come back with.

5. clementinesandbrazilnuts

6. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Established commenter

Check your tax code - if you are new to a workplace they may have you on a temporary tax code which means that you ends up paying a higher rate of tax than you should be.

DaisysLot likes this.