1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I haven't been forced out?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Mariecapper, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Mariecapper

Mariecapper New commenter

Hi,
    Please see my other post that I posted today regarding me having not
    Resigned but a job being advertised.
    Can I just clarify, even if my head is advertising my position, I am not leaving unless I formally hand in my resignation so how she chooses to conduct her business is up to her and my job is not at risk?
    I'm having kittens here!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, that's right!
    You will leave only if you resign. You will resign only if you have another job offer.
    Everybody said that to you in the other thread, just be trusting about this!
    The only way they could get rid of you is through capability procedures, and the first part of capability is helping you to improve, with the assumption that this will work and you won't leave. So advertising your post would be proving that they were not expecting you to improve. This therefore proves that they are NOT undertaking capability procedures against you.
    So they are not forcing you out.
    Trust me, trust me, honestly!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.