1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have upset the TDA!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by historygrump, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Okay.You stand as well! Supply teachers take over the country, the world, let's put it right..... wow in all my free time I can get to dream on!.

2. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

I am a male!
    I would love to run for parliament and become an MP, in that besides my first love of history, I enjoy watching the MP's in parliament on TV and that is perhaps one reason, I enjoy teaching citizenship. In that you teach people to think for themselves and to stand up for issues that concern them and to campaign for issues that matter to them or their community.
    I agree with the opinion that there should be more indepedent MP's in the commons, the last one was a retired Doctor for some constuency in Shrophsire, if memory serves me right. I accept that you could consider caroline Lucas (Brighton) the only Green MP as an indepedent to some extent, but she as a party organisation behind her.
    But as it stands, I will have to mither the powers that be to reform the system that impacts on teachers professional status, on employment opportunities and the educational standards of the country.

3. Historygrump, just to be sure it was not myself unsure, we met in London last year on the supply teachers' March.

4. historygrump

historygrump Star commenter Forum guide

Shelteir
    Unfortunately I did not go on the march due to the cost of the rail ticket to London from Manchester, I would have to of sold, both my Kidneys to afford it, they quoted something absurd, due the fact I didn't book in advance, due to the planned rail strike, which then failed to go ahead. So I was disappointed not to go, I believe Bronco went of the regular posters. Having said that every time I have been to London with my mates for football, I find the tubes very, very confusing and for a simple northerner, London is a scary experience.

5. Sorry got it wrong-I believe supplybychoice was there and a few others, but it is a bit like Spooks when we arrive with aliases from TES world.