1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have some very wonderful (non-cookery related) news!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by egyptgirl, Jul 6, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

About a year ago, a very close friend of mine and Mr EG's died leaving behind her six week old baby girl. We've been trying to adopt this little cherub since her mother died, making very big adjustments to our lives - anyway, long story short we got a phonecall last week to say that we could bring her home.
    We are both completely and utterly in love with her that I just needed to share this news with you my lovely Cookery friends!

2. Woah! Busy you!
    Big hugs, I hope you enjoy every moment of her.
    At least we now know why you went all quiet! We was worried!

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh my goodness! You wonderful people - that is lovely, lovely news, EG.
    I'm having a little cry to myself here. Quite overwhelmed.
    xx

4. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Wonderful news EG. You and Mr EG are quite clearly the loveliest people!
    We were starting to get worried that we'd not seen or heard of you on here for a little while - so relieved that it's good news!
    xx

5. egyptgirl

Thank you - you are all so lovely!
    Glad to know that I was missed.
    If anyone has any tips for getting Scarlett to sleep through the night, then I'd love to hear them!

6. Congratulations!
    I suggest you don't visit the Smoker Bag thread, they'll have her popped in on of those in no time!

7. *sniffs a soppy tear away*.....wonderful news!

8. Lovely news [​IMG]
    I think a smoking bag may keep her quiet at night...

9. egyptgirl

I don't even want to know...

10. egyptgirl

At the moment, her Daddy singing to her gets her off to sleep nicely...just not all through the night! We'll get her into a nice little routine and then I'll give birth and we'll have another round of sleepless nights!

11. Yup [​IMG]

12. Oh EG that is absolutely wonderful news. I am delighted for you both: no - the three of you!
    C x

13. FOUR of them [​IMG]

14. True!
    I am delighted for the four of you!
    Cx

15. henriette

henriette New commenter

Wow! What generous people you and Mr EG are! There aren't many people out there who woudl be prepared to do that.
    Good luck with everythiing.
    As to sleep for a 1-year-old: routine ! Supper at supper time, short play, bath, bed, story, lights out. Same time every night, no deviations. I know it sounds old fashioned, but it has worked for us.

16. [​IMG] Oh, EG, what wonderful news. You're both doing an amazing thing for Scarlett. She's very fortunate to be joining such a lovely, lovely family.
    I completely agree with henriette's advice, routine all the way. I don't think that's old fashioned at all, or maybe Mr J and I are old fashioned too!

17. egyptgirl

Thanks for the advice Suze and H!
    We are getting her into a kind of routine (slowly!) and she only woke up once last night! I'm on a massive learning curve at the moment! Today I'm going to attempt to take her our in the pushchair by myself and go shopping at the market. Wish me luck!

18. How wonderful.
    Talk about an instant family. Best of luck to the four of you.

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

LOL! Good one Kinsa!
    What fantastic news Egyptgirl. Adoption is so difficult these days (it appears) it's so nice to hear a happy story. and what lovely people you and Mr EG must be. Your friend must be looking down on you both and feeling so proud and so happy her little girl is growing up with you two as her Mummy and Daddy [​IMG]

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Congratulations to you all EG.
    Wishing you and your family of 4 many years of happiness together [​IMG]