1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have no idea if I'm needed on Monday or not! Help!!

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by aspire_teach, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Sorry about no paragraph breaks. I should add I was the only one there having a chat, so it wasn't a "candidate" situation, it was more of a "let's-meet-you-and-fill-you-in-on-the-role" (I checked with my agency I was the only one going, so it was clearly some kind of referral). So they've either completely forgotten about me coming, or they have got someone else in after me from the agency and STILL forgotten to let me know.

2. Could you not ring the school and ask them if they're expecting you? Just be apologetic and polite and I'm sure they won't mind.

3. I've tried this :-( Nobody picking up at the office and no extension numbers that I was given are being answered. I'm being left in the lurch on all sides! Should I ring the agency again? I've been told twice today that my consultant will get back to me and she hasn't. Is it worth going in to school on Monday to be potentially sent away again if they already have someone?

4. historygrump

historygrump Lead commenter Forum guide

Aspire I would phone the agency straight away, because they will have been informed by the school if they need you or not on Monday and that way you can also deal with any other issues relating to the post.

5. Thanks for the advice Historygrump. I just rang them for the third time in nine hours! Finally got my answer: there is no work for me. I was half (more than half) expecting it, but it's annoying there was no courtesy from their side in letting me have a simple yes or no answer to definitely confirm, it would have taken all of ten seconds!

6. That's what I get for being too nice and too flexible, I suppose.