1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have lizards in my pond..

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Apr 21, 2012.

1. That sounds amazing moonpenny! I have to admire them from a (discreet) distance! [​IMG]

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I used to live beside an old reservoir that had reverted to nature. One day I found a newt in my dining room. Once a year the frogs used to try and migrate across the lane which was literally carpeted with baby frogs. There was no option but to drive over them, it was horrible.

3. You have my sympathies... I've had to drive over forest roads, with these travelling caterpillars that travel end to end in a huge never ending line....

4. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I think the newts have eaten the frogs.
    I don't use chemicals in the garden and on the whole I don't use tools because of being a weakling just now. I plan to lay down weed suppressing stuff and mulch as much as I can. I put cardboard down under the black stuff and let things decay.
    Nothing better than aquiring half an acre of overgrown mature garden to feed the frustration and general moping of an invalid.
    I am newt in the area.