1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"I have just started my DTTLS and am finding it hard"

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by tavi, Feb 27, 2011.

1. you know what? then maybe this isnt the job for you! Dttls isnt hard! it is easy as pie, its JUST pulling together what you should already know and all of those pleading with others to share their essays are cheats and a disgrace. Maybe John Hayes could be given a list of everyone of them for his first round of staff cuts!

TES whinge on monthly about how hard it is to get rid of **** teachers then host a thread asking for help to get through a basic course, dear god PTTLS!! you just need to be able to write and talk to pass that!!

2. you know what? then maybe this isnt the job for you! Dttls isnt hard! it is easy as pie, its JUST pulling together what you should already know and all of those pleading with others to share their essays are cheats and a disgrace. Maybe John Hayes could be given a list of everyone of them for his first round of staff cuts!

TES whinge on monthly about how hard it is to get rid of **** teachers then host a thread asking for help to get through a basic course, dear god PTTLS!! you just need to be able to write and talk to pass that!!

3. [​IMG]

I feel your pain, tavi. The 'help me,pity me' whimperings are really annoying and make yoyur heart sink!
    But I also liked Simon's reply on another post! But then I am who spends hours/days reading other peoples work (published) before starting my own - no plagiarism just lots of hard work.

Having said that I am regularly infuriated over on the PE forum. Lots of asking for SoWs etc etc but NEVER a response when someone asks to begin an exchange of ideas! I am a regular and prolific resource sharer but I have NEVER got anything back from a PE TESr, EVER!
    It is REALLY irritating and I have just about given up with it!

4. Oh Gawd no - DTLLS is easy-peasy. The only thing that complicates it in some way is doing it part-time while teaching full-time, but even that is just workload, not intellectual pain.

I'm personally still astounded by how many of my fellow part-time students can't do a Harvard reference after 18 months of study. My BTEC students can do that!!

5. am not sure what the OPs situation is but to be fair I do think the dtlls is hard for some people. take for example (actually a real-life example!), someone who's a brickie/plumber & was quite happy in industry until the work dried up. they decide to pass on their skills to the next gen. and apply and get a job as a lecturer. now while they're great at teaching, they're not necessarily academically minded and may not be able to hande a qual at L5, especially when they may only have GCSES and work-related quals.

6. It might be reasonable to thinks so.
    However my observation, as someone who works in a construction and engineering faculty where only a minority of colleagues are graduates and who has mentored two non-graduate collegues through DTLLS, is that the opposite it true.

7. Indeed! When I did the C+G equivalent some of the most competant, matter of fact and succesful completers were 2 plumbers who had left school with few quals (one would now be described as dyslexic).
    I certainly wouldn't assume that the building trades had any problem with the DTTLS!