1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have just returned from my MiL's house where ... ... ...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ... ...

Her elderly neighbours have been found dead

She has thought that they were on holiday but apparently they have been dead in bed for 2 weeks

Awful [​IMG]

2. ... ...

Her elderly neighbours have been found dead

She has thought that they were on holiday but apparently they have been dead in bed for 2 weeks

Awful [​IMG]

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Both together? Is foul play suspected?

4. both together ... not sure about foul play

The wife was ill,, had a heart attack before Christmas and has not been well at all since ... My MiL is worried that the wife may have died and then the husband killed himself ... she had noticed a couple of days when it seemed quiet and the curtains had only been partially opened ... then the curtains have been closed for 2 weeks ... she thinks maybe he spent those few days not knowing what to do and then killed himself so she is feeling guilty [​IMG]

5. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

carbon monoxide poisoning?

6. Other worry for us is, of course, a third person involved

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

The MIL has a temper?

8. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Bas taste, Lurk!!!

I'm so sorry, this must be so distressing for your mother-in-law. Not to mention dreadful for the poor elderly couple. I hope they hadn't suffered.

9. LoL

You clearly know her well [​IMG]

Seriously though, the crime prevention people came round to check her doors and stuff as part of the investigation today, so that has us a bit nervy

She did not want to come and stay [​IMG]

10. Nah ... it lightened the mood a bit

11. They were a bit reclusive but she still thinks she could have done something ... worried that she could have helped the husband

12. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Yes I have bad taste. I try to maintain a facade but sometimes the shorter posts get through my filter. Sorry RF.

Actually as an ending going together is quite good, I admire his courage if he was the survivor. There may have been a decision made long ago and it was a release. We don't know.
    I wouldn't assume it is the elderly couple's worst option, I imagine that going on alone was considered much less preferable.

13. No need for speculation or unnecessary guilt. There will be a post-mortem.

14. I agree that this was possibly the situation

As with any death, particularly sudden death, the impact on people left behind is what causes the sadness

15. Of course

At the moment though, she has a lot of scenarios going on in her head

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Both being found dead in their bed narrows the possible causes down a bit. They either died together of the same cause at around the same time, or one died before the other and the second one either deliberately took their own life, or had some sort of accident, for example trying to pull them away from a live electrical device. A pretty awful situation whatever.
    My eldest's next door neighbour was murdered recently, but the investigating Police quietly reassured her it was a domestic dispute.

17. inky

inky Lead commenter

Of course, the poor old soul might have died of a heart attack [broken heart] and shock on findding his wife. I agree with whoever said that it's not necessarily the worst outcome here.

18. Hey, they might even have gone out together with a bang! If it had been a number of years since they last tried...

19. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well, let us hope so. But remember, LP, that it'll be you one day.

20. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Personally,I would rather die in my own bed than spend years in one of those awful homes.