1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have just incendierified my turkey...

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by NellyFUF, Dec 25, 2011.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

I have bought a bronze turkey all free range and good life style but I was going to cook it for 6 hours (16lbs) but forgot to turn the over down when I went to Mass.
    It went in a hot oven at 9.15 but I just got it out and it looks pretty well cooked to me - well blasted and very brown and has clear juices running out of the legs when I pierce them. It is breast side down. I have put it on a low oven now. Should I get it out and risk food poisoning or leave it and risk inedible meat?

2. Foil it and leave it in a warm oven and get on with the spuds and stuff.
    Who cares? No, really?
    It will be edible, if judiciously trimmed. And everyone knows turkey is dry....

... you'll just have to eat early!

Big hugs... and now I'm off to look at the goose!

3. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

indeed
    i have taken it out to just rest
    no one comes to eat here because the cooking is good
    a restaurant is the pla ce to go for that!
    i can only type with one finger due to accident/ fish fins/ kitchen devil caring knife etc now have arm in air
    luckily the lunch was plaaned late because we are waiting for a parpmedic on shift - finger not that bad