1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have good news...

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by anon261, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi there maths people,
    A few of you are aware that i'm currently job hunting for my first maths teaching position (having already got a part maths degree and PGCE primary) and have asked to be kept up to date. I have some news so just thought i'd share!
    I received the results from my assessments for some of my A level maths retake yesterday - so far so good. There have been 5 assessments and my results are; 97%, 99%, 94%, 97% and 98%! Lets hope I can do this well in May when I sit the exams!
    Also, I've just received a letter inviting me for interview for a secondary maths position!
    Things seem to be going well for me in the world of maths!
    I know this might seem v irrelevant for some of you, but just thought that it's nice to have good news every now and again! [​IMG]

2. well done!!![​IMG]

3. fingers crossed wrt the job - for the exams - hey, you don't need it [​IMG]

4. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

May be it is or may be it isn't, but it is very relevant to you, so congratulations and all the very best for the interview.

5. DM

DM New commenter

Good stuff gilb.

6. Success is only irrelevant to those who are fearful of making the sacrafices required to experience it....copyright that right there.
    So you will do c1/c2/c3/c4 all in one summer sitting? Which applied are you doing as I know C1/M1 on edexcel are on at the same time? Good planning [​IMG]

7. Colleen_Young

Colleen_Young Occasional commenter

Congratulations gilbert. Is your interview soon?

8. Yes, very well done and the very best of luck.

9. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Fabulous set of results. Congratulations! [​IMG]

10. Interview on Tuesday. I'm actually really looking forward to teaching - even if it is an interview lesson!
    And Betamale - you should def copywrite that!! lol (doing As in May and A2 in Jan so no concern over dates - but thanks for heads up anyway! [​IMG])
    Thank you for all of the lovely comments! I'm not expecting to get a job first time but it will be an excellent experience for me! [​IMG]

11. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Woah there! First, well done - I would do very badly if I resat A-level maths now I think, and the fact that you have an interview suggests that at least one school thinks of you as a potential employee.
    BUT...don't get into the mindset of 'not expecting to get a job first time'. Someone has to get it - why not an able, enthusiastic and relatively cheap (just being honest!) candidate like you?
    Henry Ford said (though he may have nicked it from Betamale) "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're probably right."
    So, play up your strengths, be honest about what you are doing to address any weaknesses, and aim high. Well done for bringing up some good news and for bringing out the best in so many maths TESers!

12. Congrats and good luck with the interview lesson

13. Thanks for the reply, Andrew! Positive thinking goes a long way!
    PS I love your profile pic!! lol