1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have finished!!! but, ideas for sept...

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by GemsEYFS, Jul 20, 2011.

1. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi all!
    I finished school today for summer yey!!!!!
    I am going to go in though for the rest of this week to try and get my classroom set up ready for september. I am an Nursery. If anybody has any good ideas for displays to start the year?? I have SOOOOO many display boards in my room!
    Also, does any one have any good practise to share, things or areas that have worked well in Nursery this year? I can not switch off untill i know i am prepared for september. Does anyone have any photos of their areas that they would be willing to share? I need inspriation!

Happy holidays to any one who has finished, and not long to go for those of you who are still going ;-)

2. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

Hi all!
    I finished school today for summer yey!!!!!
    I am going to go in though for the rest of this week to try and get my classroom set up ready for september. I am an Nursery. If anybody has any good ideas for displays to start the year?? I have SOOOOO many display boards in my room!
    Also, does any one have any good practise to share, things or areas that have worked well in Nursery this year? I can not switch off untill i know i am prepared for september. Does anyone have any photos of their areas that they would be willing to share? I need inspriation!

Happy holidays to any one who has finished, and not long to go for those of you who are still going ;-)

3. Leapyearbaby64

Leapyearbaby64 New commenter

Lucky you to have lots of display boards! I'm having extra ones put in this summer as we don't have enough! I may sound like a 70s throwback, but I'm a big convert to backing boards in hessian. This way, the work can be pinned on by the children and moved around when they want and it's all much more flexible. And the work stands out rather than the backing paper. And it only needs to be done once ... and probably lasts years. Oh I'm sad.