1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have fallen in love

Discussion in 'Personal' started by NellyFUF, Apr 25, 2012.

1. NellyFUF

NellyFUF Lead commenter

Watch out. You'll be after a bungalow next thing you know!
    Mine has an English Rose kitchen by the way, not sure I am in love with it but my daughter is. I think I admire a decor style that would probably be called caravan chic. Lots of terracotta and cream and light wood.
    Best of all I like other people's taste in things. I have bad taste and I am learning to live with this.
    Like my parents before me, I have items I have bought and I am waiting for the cash for the rest of the room to catch up - then something comes up and it doesn't matter anymore. They had a red carpet and a pink suite which clashed - both bought in sales. And then they papered the stairway in vivid yellow but bought a clashing carpet in bright blue. Meanwhile mum pulled up all the plants in the garden to spend the rest of her life watching indestrutable (i?) weeds poke through the clay baked cracks she had created. I am rambling.
    Fight the beige in old age maybe.

2. Love the Orla Kiely patterns. They're very retro.

3. It is.

4. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

Don't know if you watch Emmerdale, but they have this pattern on the walls in Jenny's house. Blue/green colour scheme and it looks lovely.