1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have an overwhelming desire to.....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by foxtail3, Dec 16, 2015.

1. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Purchase a Radley handbag! No idea why, I'm not a handbag person- shoes, yes, but not handbags, but I saw them and I wanted one.

Please stop me, I can't afford it!

2. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I like them and have 4 although one is a bit worn, they were all Christmas presents from my husband. They are stylish but not blingy.

3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

[​IMG]

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. Ladykaza

Ladykaza Senior commenter

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Sit down with a nice pot of tea and a biscuit. You are obviously suffering from festive sensory overload.

6. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Ah yes! eBay

Oh no, I really must NOT!

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I'm really good at window shopping. I can always walk away and did for most of my life, but heck, we're getting on foxtail - I think we're of an age - so can't you find a way.

8. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Put it on your Christmas list. I used to want their big laptop bag style thing but then I got my own classroom and all my bags are teeny tiny again.

sabrinakat likes this.
  9. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Why pay a fortune here? Next time you holiday in the Mediterranean just can get a really cheap one from those African men who run away whenever the local law enforcement turn up.

racroesus and aspensquiver like this.
  10. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Put it on your Amazon wishlist and let someone else buy it for you

11. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

If you can't afford it, don't buy it. It's only a handbag

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I won't be going to the Mediterranean any time soon and I don't have a Christmas list. There would be no point, the money goes on the children and grandchildren.

@lindenlea, yes we are of an age, but significant expenses a couple of years ago mean that the coffers have suffered and won't be replenished unless I win the lottery. That would be difficult, as I don't do it!

I'll get my fix from window shopping though!

13. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

You don't even need to do that. Trace this image onto a bit of cardboard, cut it out and dangle it on a bit of string from the handbag you've already got. Add a bit of red felt tip for the collar if you feel inclined and the job's done. Who would know the difference?
    [​IMG]

aspensquiver and lindenlea like this.
  14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

See @Duke of York, now you've upset me! You're being pragmatic about something that I aspire to. As for 'dangling with string'. I reject that slur completely!

My aspirations are much lower of late, it has to be said.

15. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

If I'm in N.Cyprus again in May, which is v likely, I'll bring a fake one back for you.

16. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

I would imagine you're aspiring to something that only sets you apart from the masses by the cost and the logo. Well, you can go a step further and embarrass all those cheapskates with ordinary Radley handbags by knitting a little doggy coat for yours to wear.

If you are imaginative enough, you could download a yapping dog ringtone for your phone, then when the phone yaps, pat your Radley dog and praise it for being a good boy to let you know someone is trying to call you?

sabrinakat likes this.
  17. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Ah thanks @Lascarina!

It's OK folks, I'm stepping away from the website now!