1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have almost decided to give up cooking....

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Bethannie, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

....and just invite myself round to othery Cookery Forum people for all my food in future!
    Reading the 'what are you having for dinner' thread just makes me drool!

As it happens, I really like food, and cooking, so will probably continue doing my own cooking for a little while longer...but it is so tempting to log on each morning and decide who has the most tempting dish/es on offer....am I the only one who sometimes sees that thread as a restaurant menu and decides where she wants to eat today?

2. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

....and just invite myself round to othery Cookery Forum people for all my food in future!
    Reading the 'what are you having for dinner' thread just makes me drool!

As it happens, I really like food, and cooking, so will probably continue doing my own cooking for a little while longer...but it is so tempting to log on each morning and decide who has the most tempting dish/es on offer....am I the only one who sometimes sees that thread as a restaurant menu and decides where she wants to eat today?

3. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I know what you mean Bethannie, I often feel like that especially when o/h is working. I could either share the dog's dinner, open a tin of beans or just have some wine. Maybe we should cook together!!

I know what you mean though about seeing the thread as a menu!!

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Nowt to stop you being a copycat!

5. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Phew!
    I thought it was something serious for a second!
    I know what you mean by seeing it as a restaurant menu though...it would be so tempting to pick a course here or there!
    btw, there is some apple and blackberry pie leftover if you can get here to eat it! [​IMG]

6. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

What a pity we can't email food to each other!! Or maybe it's a good thing, I know I'd end up weighing 30 stone!!

7. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

How do you know I don't?!

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I could say the same to you!!