1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have a place on the Thames Primary Consortium for next September!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Teacher_Jen, Nov 3, 2011.

1. I found out yesterday after my whole day assessment - interview presentation etc.
    I'm so so pleased and relieved I have found out so early on.
    Is anyone else on this course? And if so, could you tell me what it is like once you're on it?
    Also, what should I do now to prepare? I know its early days but I want to be as organised as possible!

2. congratulations, bet you are over the moon. I'm hoping to get an interview for there too, can you give me some advice about the presentation please. When they say a presentation on an educational issue, is that more to do with legislation or is it more to do with say, ways of teaching a subject to a learner that struggles and giving an example?

Also have you already finished your degree and GCSE's? I'm in my final year of my degree and I'm doing 2 GCSEs along side it, although they have said I can still apply.

What was the interview process like? Sorry for all the questions, would really appreciate any help.

xx

3. Start preparing for the skills tests, familiarise yourself with the curriculum, keep up to date with what's going on in the news in terms of education. Other than that, there's not much really!