1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I have a huge cauliflower!

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by cosmos, Apr 3, 2012.

1. This thing is enormous! It will easily make four meals for me. I plan to make cauli cheese for tonight and cauli curry for future meals (x2). My question is....can I freeze the cauli curry or will it be watery on defrosting?
    This still leaves me with enough for one more meal.....any suggestions? Not soup, I'm not a huge soup fan.

2. This thing is enormous! It will easily make four meals for me. I plan to make cauli cheese for tonight and cauli curry for future meals (x2). My question is....can I freeze the cauli curry or will it be watery on defrosting?
    This still leaves me with enough for one more meal.....any suggestions? Not soup, I'm not a huge soup fan.

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

That's nothing.

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts!

4. Classic!

5. Four meals from one cauliflower? Are you a mouse or is this thing the first vegetable planet?

6. henriette

henriette New commenter

[​IMG]
    I thought I was the only one!

7. Where did it come from?
    Cauliflower in a peanut butter sauce is quite nice.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Cauliflower cheese freezes well, I got 3 caulis 19p each yesterday so that's their destination.

9. wiemaranerlover

wiemaranerlover New commenter

When I was nowt but a lass, I worked for Wendy Wools. We had a subsidised canteen, where chef used to make a fab baked cauliflower dish.

Cauli florets, bacon lardons, onions, mushrooms all browned off, cheese sauce poured over, sprinkled with breadcrumbs and more cheese and baked.

It was a best seller. If only Mr W liked cauliflower...

10. Not a mouse Bob.....but there is only me during the week [​IMG]
    Right, so if cauli cheese freezes well then I am assuming cauli curry will too. I found a lovely HFW recipe I wanted to try.
    19p lapin? That's a bargain!

11. henriette

henriette New commenter

is that the cauliflower and chick pea curry?

12. Yes - have you tried it? It looks delish.

13. henriette

henriette New commenter

planning to have it this week - probably tomorrow as the coriander is beginning to wilt.

14. I love cauliflower, but it makes me fart like you wouldn't believe! [​IMG]
    Sorry for lowering the tone, cosmos. [​IMG]

15. henriette

henriette New commenter

tbh my favourite way to eat is is raw - preferably with a dijon mustard vinaigrette/dijonnaise to dip in in!

16. henriette

henriette New commenter

mind you ... 'tis also awful good as a dressing for pasta:
    sauté onion/garlic: add anchovies/bacon and chilli flakes; tumble cauli in the mix and sweat for max 5 mins; Add 1 ladle of pasta water and aloow to boil off; mix with cooked pasta and serve.

17. There's a cauliflower macaroni cheese recipe in 'Heston at home' for which I've bought my cauli ready to try tomorrow. It uses the cauli in three different ways...sounds delicious

18. I want to try the curry now.
    HFW's veg book is fantastic.