1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I hate the wait!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by susiec08, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Had the interview lesson last week, the formal interview today and now I'm waiting..........
    Probably to be told I didn't get it!
    I hate this and I hate having to keep putting myself and my family through this.

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I think everyone will agree with you on that one.
    Sorry, didn't realise you had an interview or would have added you to the Interviews reminders thread to wish you luck.
    If you get it, you'll get your own shiny star and if not perhaps a small cyber delivery on our Flowers thread.
    Chin up. Hope spring ever eternal.

3. Didn't get it!
    Apparently I wasn't bubbly enough in the interview and I didn't sell myself.
    I don't know what else to do.

4. Eat an Aero chocolate bar in front of the interviewers? Take in some bubbles and blow them? Drink champagne? LOL!

I know that what I'm saying is probably cold comfort to you but I think that feedback like that is useless and total BS! I'd ignore it, congratulate yourself on a lucky escape (if you encountered pickiness at interview, god knows what your working life would have been like!), be kind to yourself today (e.g. long hot bath, fave choc, wine or whatever else you like doing), stick 2 fingers up at these people who lost out on what you could have offered them, then move onto the next application (when it appears)!

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh how disappointing susiec08.
    Take anyfeedback with a huge pinch of salt. Put it down to experience and pop along to
    <h3>Flowers . . . </h3>where there' a cyber delivery waiting for you. It's hard to post about disappointment.

6. Thank you msbrainy and Lara for your kind words.
    I did wonder whether I should have danced across the room before shaking hands or sang a song at the end.

Oh well, onwards and upwards as they say........

7. A good song choice would have been I'm so excited and I just can't hide it or what a feeling if you can do flash dancing! LOL!
    Indeed! :-D

8. Or maybe even The Full Monty song, I might have got the job then!!!

9. Yes, you can't sell yourself more than that! *coughs* No innuendo intended here, btw!

10. LOL, however it would probably put them off.......

Anyway, got over the disappointment and will now be emailing the head to ask for more professional feedback as being bubbly was not on the job description or person spec!