1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I HATE it when the clocks go back.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by zizzyballoon, Oct 28, 2017.

1. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I do like walking in the darkness sometimes - I can't explain it but I find it quite soothing.

kibosh likes this.
  2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I don’t like going to work and coming home in the dark but I quite like settling down to cosy evenings indoors. Much as I love my garden, it’s good to have a rest from it for a few months. It will be better in the mornings next week.

Yes, I remember how difficult it was with young children when the clocks changed.

kibosh likes this.
  3. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Life is so hard when you're retired (she says with no sympathy whatsoever!)

4. catmother

catmother Lead commenter

Can't be that dark "down south"!

colpee likes this.
  5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

[​IMG]

6. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

Acutely depressing.

zizzyballoon, T34 and kibosh like this.
  7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I feel I've been having the misery of winter for 2 months already. I'm looking forward to getting an extra hour of daylight in the morn, as I've been struggling to get out of bed recently, what with the murk, gloom, mist, dreich sheet, gloaming etc. The clock change will provide a small window of reprieve, from what has been a hard slog already. Phew! It's not even November yet. Groooooaaaaaannnnnnnnn!

8. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

I'm already being woken at 5.30.

4.30 will be CRIMINAL.

bombaysapphire likes this.
  9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Even more so when we take into account Halloween will soon be upon us. I can put up to a certain extent to being bewitched, but it's beyond me me why I shall need to be bothered and bewildered by why kids are allowed to set the dog off barking its bleedin' head off and their parents expect me to be kind to them when they do.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    kibosh likes this.
  10. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I like Halloween actually

11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I like Bonfire Night too

12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Hate Christmas....Bah Humbug

nomad and kibosh like this.
  13. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Lead commenter

I hate all of them.

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Pretty much.

kibosh likes this.
  15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

You'd change your mind about that if you came trick or treating at my front door.

wanet and kibosh like this.
  16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Especially when you're still working :)

kibosh likes this.
  17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

I have lots of sweeties ready this year for the little ghosties and ghoulies

18. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

We've only recently got parents with children back here so rest assured that trickers will be treated. Generously.

sabrinakat likes this.
  19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Did you kill all the others then Calp.

20. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

The only bird I've ever knowingly run over was a pheasant, it hid at the side of the deserted road in the long grass until I was right on top of it and stepped out under my wheels before I could react.

We get them in the garden sometimes in the winter, they come in at a point where the hedge is low and then walk slowly around the circumference 3 or 4 times until they find the low part again.

I also hate it when the clocks go back, we should keep things the way they are now all year round.

kibosh likes this.