1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I hate, hate, hate the new jobs page!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ceinwyn, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Much more of a pain to search, and so much more jumping back and forth. Why couldn't they leave it as it was!

2. I agree!

3. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

It's just awful and so much more difficult to use. Why the change??

4. I'm glad to see it's not just me. [​IMG] I used "contact us" to tell them my thoughts last Friday!
    In particular I related how the link "12 other posts are available under FE/Independent" brought "no matches" and how a search using the "Help" recommendated "box in top RH corner" for "Science" brought 156 jobs including Psychology (Social SCIENCE) and Head of English (SCIENCE College).
    I included the comment "no-one can imagine these are deliberate improvements".
    Now I'm looking forward to tomorrow (my weekly "job fix").

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

There are at least 5 or 6 threads on Opinion all saying the same thing.
    The vast majority of users hate the new site.
    Mods.............please LISTEN!

6. Hello
    Could you please provide the exact steps you took so that I can feed this back to the Jobs Product Manager to investigate further?
    Thank you.
    Bev

7. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Bev,
    Just feed back that almost none of us like it, we all want the old jobs site back and please Mr Jobs Product Manager can you reinstate the old site?

8. Agreed. There is absolutely no redeeming feature of the new site whatsoever. I can only conclude that these decisions are being made for financial reasons - perhaps this reduces the load on the website? In which case I'd rather they just come out and say it!

9. Hi gingerwine
    You can search for all matches in a particular subject by doing the following:
    From https://www.tes.co.uk/jobs/ select Secondary from the Teaching & Lecturing list of options.
    From the secondary page https://www.tes.co.uk/secondary-teaching-jobs/ you can select your subject from the list and see the jobs available in that subject.
    There's also a link at the top of that list to show you similar vacancies in independent senior
    Hope that's helpful
    Best wishes
    Gail

10. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

Tried to use the postcode search but the slide bar for distance but will not work on my iPad. How can I do a search for the North West as I used to?

11. I've just tried it today and it gives exactly the same results. How long before it gets fixed?

12. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

My problem is that there are so few teaching jobs in Edinburgh, that it's pointless splitting them up into state schools, independent schools, etc.
    Before, I could see ALL teaching posts in Edinburgh at a glance (they only filled about a page and that was for all schools/subject areas!), which was much better.

13. I've already complained about the missing 'map'.
    I know this is going to sound weird but I don't want to search using a town/county/subject/role/phase. I used to click on the area and EVERYTHING in the area appeared. I like to see what is happening in the whole area whether they are appropriate to me or not! It is good for my professional knowledge and I often see thigs I recommend to other people. As I live on a border I now would have to type in both counties which I can't be bothered to do!
    Don't assume someone is looking for 'a' job. I like to look at many. [​IMG]

14. Did TES do any research on what people wanted? Did TES try it out before implementing it?
    How long will it take to respond positively to this criticism? Is there ANYONE who thinks it's an improvement?

15. Certainly not me!
    For what I want it for (again, looking at all jobs in one area, any sector, any subject,any age, any pay band etc etc in order to keep up to date and help others) it is totally useless.
    Other coments -
    Slider postcode thing seems not to work.
    Matches come up with random adverts from all over the place and not relevant to original search.
    As you say, surely more sensible to ask the users first what would enhance the site and then implement the suggestions. And at least trial it with lots of differing scenarios.

16. Hello all,
    As part of series of improvements we've been making to TES Jobs over the past week, today we have added the ability to search by location from www.tes.co.uk/jobs
    For example, if you want to search for all jobs in the UK, click on the UK label on the map at www.tes.co.uk/jobs. From this page you can then narrow down your search by postcode or by choosing a location, position or workplace..
    This will help anyone who wants to search for all jobs in a specific area and those who want to carry out a search across multiple school phases.

Gail

17. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Like the new improved map view gail.
    Can now search a whole area ie north west, south east etc.
    However, when narrowing the search by LA, my own LA doesn't come up as an option. Could that just be because there are no vacancies?

18. I 'd love to see you interviewed by Paxman, Gail.
    The overwhelming feedback for the new job page is negative and yet you still post..
    Could you define "improvement" ?

"Did you threaten to overrule him? " :¬))

19. That's much better - I can now look at all jobs in London.
    Does the "new jobs" filter work by those that are new this week or those that are new since I last went and looked?

20. That's right, it is because there are no vacancies.