1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I had the call today!

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by jago123, Dec 5, 2017.

1. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

Had the call this evening that OFSTED will be conducting an inspection on Monday next week.

This is my first inspection as the Headteacher and the last inspection we had was in June 2012 where we scored ‘outstanding’.
    I’m confident we will be fine however, it is going to be a challenging couple of days-
    As you may have seen on the Headteacher thread, one of our teaching colleagues passed away just over a week ago after a short battle with cancer and the funeral is on Friday. I have closed the school for staff to pay their final respects to the colleague. I want to postpone this in order to give colleagues more time to prepare given these extreme circumstances. Has anyone been able to do this before?

Thanks

2. cornflake

cornflake Senior commenter

Usually you don't get that much notice...

Pomza likes this.
  3. neddyfonk

neddyfonk Lead commenter

Theoretically Ofsted expect no special attention being attached to their 'visit'. The only real problem is if a member of staff or the pupils have been badly affected by the news.
    As an aside, I play bridge with a load of octogenarians and have got quite used to the idea spending two minutes in silence before trying to do my best in a very competitive mind sport.

4. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Why have you been given so much notice?
    Usually it is only half a day...

Pomza likes this.
  5. Startedin82

Startedin82 Established commenter

I don't understand why you have been given 3 school day's notice?

digoryvenn likes this.
  6. jago123

jago123 Established commenter

OFSTED were due tomorrow and due to the severe weather conditions across the UK, the school will be closed to students tomorrow. I am awaiting contact from OFSTED. I have opened the school to staff who can physically get to work in order to prepare for this.

7. emartin28

emartin28 New commenter

Did they turn up?

blue451 likes this.
  8. blue451

blue451 Lead commenter