1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Emily4, Jun 17, 2012.

1. After 4 years of looking and endless school visits and applications I finally got the job. Through supply teaching I gained more experience and developed a positive reputation. This provided me with a link to my new school and was my foot in the door! I'm so happy that I have finally got there after taking on TA and HLTA roles and teaching in LOADS of schools. For anyone out there who has been looking for a while the right job WILL come your way. Good luck to you all :)

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Emily!!!!!
    Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now go and read this thread (you've been just DYING for me to tell you that!) - bump it when you have read it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    After four years of searching - well done! Really really REALLY well done!
    Best wishes

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

Congratulations!
    [​IMG]
    and so you should be!
    [​IMG]
    I'm so pleased for you! [​IMG]

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just shows if you're determined to teach and 'nothing else will do', you're prepared to do whatever it takes to convince schools of that determination by doing TA/HLTA etc that it can pay off.
    REALLY WELL DONE.
    You've earned this badge.
    [​IMG]

5. Excellent news Emily. May I politely ask how you kept your teaching skills up-to-date whilst working as a TA, HLTA, because I've been offered TA work but not been too happy accepting this work for the above reason and I'd been told never do TA work as you're now a Teacher. I wonder whether Theo has any advice on this!!

6. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Congrats, Emily! Big well done to you, it sounds like it was hard work, but well earned!

7. I took on these roles on a supply basis and I haven't had negative feedback from the heads I have encountered since these roles. They gave me a much better understanding of adult support in the classroom and provided me with a necessary income during quiet supply times. It also convinced me that I could not take on these roles permanently as I found it demoralising. I hope that helps!

Thank you everyone for the good wishes. I hope my example keeps a few more people going for that dream!