1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I got the job!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by EmaleeG, May 1, 2012.

1. Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone on these forums for your help and advice. I secured a full time permanent post today to start in September :)
    Very very happy!

2. Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone on these forums for your help and advice. I secured a full time permanent post today to start in September :)
    Very very happy!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

And so should you be!
    Go celebrate!
    [​IMG]

4. Thats really good but how?? I am sorry but I just dont know how anyone is geting ANY positions at present with all the applicants appllying -Please can you suggest or give some advice-u can PM if u wish-Its 4pm and I cant sleep with worry over this.....

5. OK well to be honest I widened my search for jobs in the sense that I made the decision to potentially travel further to a position. The job I have secured is now over an hour away from where I live but it is worth it in my opinion. Also, I followed the advice on these forums and included an executive summary. I did a simple activity for the interview and made sure that children all achieved.

I know this probably isnt very helpful but it's what I did. :)

6. yes I have done the executive summary and yes it sort of has worked 4 interviews/29 applicatiions)-however why I get an interview for one school and not for another is a mystery! Is it luck?
    Could you explain how the children acheived? I am thinking of doing number bonds with treasure gems where one child shows the gems in a cup and the other has to count up to 10-what di u do and what was the year level etc-was it 20 minutes? thank you for helping, really appreciate it.

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Emalee!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    We are always pleased to hear of a success - but a FULL-TIME PERMANENT post is really extra-special!
    Best wishes