1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I feel shocking

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by assessment_nerd, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Although you are feeling absolutely rubbish I have to say welcome to early pregnancy! I am nearly 9 wks and have felt the same apart from the dizziness.
    I have found that snacking on biscuits/crackers helps the sick feeling and resting as much as possible. I even found myself in bed at 8-30pm the other night! It did help though...
    I was feeling so rough (and looking it) that I told a colleague I could trust so I had someone to look out for me. On the first day back in Jan I actually told my HT as I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to hide it. I'm normally in early and out late and have found already that going in a bit later and leaving earlier has helped. Having a lesson obs tom is tough, no answer for that one i'm afraid.
    Many ladies on the Summer 2011 thread have assured us newbies that the sickness/feeling rubblish does pass. I know that comment doesn't help you now.
    I hope you begin to feel better
    AN x

2. bella1981

bella1981 New commenter

I've had to tell my HT as I've been ill since week before hols and it was looking bad. Hope HT will take this into account when I have my observation.

3. Bella I feel your pain, I am 8 1/2 weeks and since week 5 or 6 (yes over the christmas festivities!) I am in bed until gone noon unless i've had to get up for work or something. It really is awful and totally understand. Today was the first time I woke up at 10.30 (on a non-working day obviously) and felt ok. Immediately I made myself get up and got ready for a low-key lunch with OH and felt so much better for it. I asked the other girls on the Summer 2011 thread today for some tips and they said things like OJ, prunes etc.So I'm going to try that, as today may have just been a one-off that I felt nearly human again.
    As horrible as it is, I just told myself that it's happening and just get on with it. OH has been very understanding and has helped around the house while I sleep! Maybe just don't fight it, and your body will tell you when you're done with all those symptoms.