1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I feel like I sell things *in spite of* this website

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by LanguageArtsLab, Sep 15, 2015.

1. LanguageArtsLab

LanguageArtsLab New commenter

Does anyone else have trouble with their product displays? Mine don't display in colour. I have emailed TES, to no avail. Also, my product previews, when they load, show two pages of my answer key (out of 35 page choca-block resource).

I am grateful for every sale, but... I'm honestly surprised I sell anything at all.

*gripe over*

2. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

Oh yes! See my thread about bugs with this site. You're right it's very trying!!

3. TheGingerTeacher

TheGingerTeacher Established commenter Forum guide and community helper

I just clicked through to see some of you resources and realised that if you click the resources tab under someone's name (anyone it's not personal) nothing happens! So if we do direct customers to our page they won't be able to find our resources anyway! Grrrrrr

4. LanguageArtsLab

LanguageArtsLab New commenter

Yep. I know. *eye roll*

5. Goodeyedeers

Goodeyedeers New commenter

Glad it's not just me having that problem!

I also put quite a few video resources up and I never get a picture showing up in the gallery just a small icon (black frame with mountain outline in the middle - if that makes sense). Dos anyone know if it's possible to put a picture with a video?

Mike

6. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hi LanguageArtsLab,

Sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with the product displays.

I will flag up this thread and the other one about the bugs to the Resources and Customer Services teams who will be in touch with you in due course.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to send me a PM or email TES.Community@tesglobal.com or help@tesglobal.com.

iGCSE101 likes this.
  7. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I get the mountain in what seems a completely indiscriminate way - I don't do video so it's not that.

8. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

I just presumed that if it's for sale they deliberately don't show everything. Perhaps make a point of listing how many wonderful pages there are in the description (if it's not there already).

9. TinaMade

TinaMade New commenter

Hi LanguageArtslab,

Sorry to hear about some of the troubles you have been having with your previews. I've had a look at some of your resources and they appear to be in good order – are you still having this problem? If you send me a link to the resource you’re having any difficulty with, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

Hi Goodeyedeers,

Currently, our thumbnails software doesn't support video and therefore cannot generate a preview. There have been a number of authors who have expressed their frustration with this and we are working on improving this. In the meantime, we are advising people to take stills or a screenshot of a scene in the video and upload as a JPEG, which many authors are starting to do.

I know it isn't the most convenient form, but at least it will still give you the opportunity of presenting something to represent your video. I’d also suggest mentioning this within your descriptions.

There are lots of changes we are trying to work through taking on your feedback, so please keep them coming as they are much appreciated. In future, if you have any problems, comments or suggestions please contact us directly authors@tes.com

10. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

11. Alice K

Alice K Occasional commenter

Hi Mike , I also felt that the preview did not really show my resources as comprehensively as I would have wished. I copied several slides and saved them on 'Paint' ( part of Microsoft Office - found under Accessories) . They were saved as jpg files and I uploaded them to show the breadth of the resources. I added an explanation within my product description. At least it means that people can preview in more detail. Hope this helps.

iGCSE101 likes this.
  12. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

I also spend a lot of time and effort making my premium resources look professional, but the preview only shows my first and last page (title page and a list of resources for extra reading) this does not give a good insight to what my resource offers. I hope someday we can choose our own preview pages. Thanks @Alice K for the advice I am going to try this trick!

cate_h likes this.
  13. MissHallEnglish

MissHallEnglish Occasional commenter Forum guide and community helper

I agree - choosing our own preview pages would be ideal. Who wants to see my image attribution page?! Nope, not me either...!

14. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Does anyone know any good tips for tagging? is there a way to improve the search function on premium resources? I have a lesson called Laboratory Equipment but when I search for it, it does not appear! Weird! Maybe it is because I am newish to this website and I still need to figure out the kinks??

15. betsybelleteach

betsybelleteach New commenter

No, you are not alone, many of us are experiencing this problem.
    However I have noticed that typing my title into Google brings my products VERY high up in search results- sometimes the very top

Charleei likes this.