1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I feel like I don't know what I'm doing anymore!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Salleriano, Jan 7, 2009.

1. I'm glad you've made the comment about the difficulty of 'making things fit'.
    This is a very important point.
    It is important both in terms of constantly trying to link one's curriculum/provision with the prescribed stuff (therefore constantly trying to provide 'evidence' and account for the provision) - and in terms of trying to relate whatever goes on to the assessment systems - and mainly through 'caught' child-initiated activities.
    Who made everything so onerous? And who thinks this is practicable or necessary.
    Your postings encapsulate what I'm sure many other providers feel and find, but you are honest enough to describe your findings.
    And doesn't that constant sense of 'accountability' to the minutiae take away a lot of the pleasure of the job?

2. If you don't feel like you know what you are doing anymore - please copy and paste this email and send it to your early years friends who feel the same. Politicians will not take note of only a few people's complaints - but they will take note of large numbers.Please circulate this information via email!!

3. I've sent that email to everyone I know who works in a school, in the hope that they will forward it on to the appropriate people.

4. Excellent - we need to be like ripples in a pond spreading out the message!