1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I didn't get the job

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Sooz817, Apr 7, 2011.

1. I didn't get the job. He just called with my feedback, said that my application was exceptional and should definitely get me into schools for interview in the future.

They said my lesson was strong and the children enjoyed it and learnt a lot, he was impressed at how flexible I was in teaching my lesson when the IWB didn't work in the lesson and didn't let it phase me.

He said that for the interview I answered the questions adequately but that my answers lacked depth and specific examples. I would agree whole heartedly with that, I felt that afterwards too...
    He did give me some really helpful feedback with the questions though and food for thought for if I get offered another interview.

Oh well, time to look to the next one I suppose! Haha! :) xx

2. Mmmm... I did post with paragraphs I promise!!

3. sorry to hear that but at least you got good feedback what subject was it and what was the shortlist like

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sooz - that is really disappointing.
    But the feedback, for once, was really helpful and encouraging.
    Jot down the questions that you were asked, and think how you could have answered them with more depth and examples, so that for the next interview (that your exceptional application gets you), as well as a strong lesson, your interview is more than just adequate.
    It sounds to me as though there is a lot there to be pleased about, although it won't seem like it this evening, I know.
    [​IMG]
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

5. Next time... [​IMG]

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Sorry about the disappointment, but as Theo says there is lots to be positive about.
    Best wishes!