1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I didn't get it...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by haleyp, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ** wail, wail, gnashing of teeth**
    My interview today did go really well, I actually somewhat ENJOYED the day, and the other candidates were so lovely which made calming the nerves a little easier. The lesson went swimmingly too! So why didn't I get the job?!
    The head rang about an hour ago and gave me lots of very useful feedback - and the majority of it was really positive about my lesson, and my interview technique. He did say there were definitely some questions that I was visibly more confident in answering, and others where I seemed to 'dry up' mid answer and trailed off a bit... so that'd definitely something I can work on.
    He explicitly said that he really liked the executive summary, and this was something which was rare, but really stood out as it was done well and not 'flat'.
    So, all lovely lovely, but still no job. However I remain positive, and will learn from the experience, but am resigned to the fact that I'm going to have to start looking at other school jobs soon as I just can't keep sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring with supply work, it's driving me crazy.
    Thank you all for the good wishes on the interview reminders thread, I really appreciate the support, and I hope I'll be on that thread with another interview lined up soon.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A positive!
    And another - it's very unusual to get something helpful.
    So good again.
    And another tick.
    Of course he did!
    Well done!
    And another pat on the back.
    OK, final result disappointing, but loads of positives there to dwell on as you munch your chocolates to console yourself.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxe8olefs0r38TTfOmk4AUR40Eu-wuUeSt5hAeCJ1kRe0EkTef
    You forgot the chocolate Theo.
    [​IMG]

4. Ahh thanks Theo and Lara, I've chomped my way through several shortbread cookies to console myself. It is a big disappointment (Santa really needs to up his game this year, now my "big present" hasn't been delivered) but I truly don't think that I could have done much more, or that it could have gone much better than it did, so it's just a case of better 'luck' next time I guess.

Sighhhhhhhhhh.

Oh, and thank you for my flowers Lara, they're very cheery! [​IMG]

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Sorry you didn' t get the job Haleyp.
    Here, you can have this while you wait for Santa to bring you your big present [​IMG],
    [​IMG]

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

So sorry you were disappointed today haleyp [​IMG]
    It sounds as if you have a lot of positives from the experience - I do hope you get another interview soon.
    Don't gnash too much or you might need these!

[​IMG]