1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I desperately need help and advice...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by BelleDuJour, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Yes. Both. Job done.

2. Coolgiraffe

Coolgiraffe Occasional commenter

Have you tried the travel wristbands from boots? x

3. I had to have 3 weeks off with this pregnancy. If you feel like I did (and I imagine you do from your post) then there is no choice involved.

4. I tried those with my last pregnancy but they didn't work :( x

5. I think this is going to go the same way to be honest. I spoke to the GP this afternoon and he's recommended I stay off for the rest of the week and if it's still bad on Monday he'll sign me off. Not what I want but I might not have much choice. I told my HoD tonight and she's telling the head. I didn't really want anyone knowing this early on but hey ho! x

6. HPP

HPP

Sorry to say but your symptoms sound like mine did. After two weeks of battling with school I finally went to the doctors and was diagnosed with HG. I'm still being sick several weeks later and I've spent the time off work. It's hard to get through each day let alone with work - I must say I don't feel guilty anymore and work is a distant memory. Take care x

7. I've heard of HG...I seriously hope that's not what I've got but the sickness is unrelenting. I'm off sick (literally) again today and it's no better than yesterday. Can the doctors prescribe anything for the sickness? My doctor gave me maalox yesterday which is more like an antacid and it's not helped me at all. How do they diagnose HG? I'm so sorry you're suffering too x

8. HPP

HPP

HG is hell but I know it's worth it in the long run. I went to the doctors and was given low dosage anti sickness tablets. These caused breathing problems got given other ones. Two days later I was really suffering from no food or fluid so they put me on prochlorperazine maleate on strongest dosage. I felt like a zombie and couldn't move so they also gave me thiamine hydrochloride to help. Two weeks later I'm still sick morning and night but the window of getting food and fluid in me has increased. I have no energy. My family are taking it in turns to look after me as unable to look after myself. It's not what I ever expected pregnancy to be like! Definately wear the sickness bands- as soon as I take mine off to wash I am sick so must be doing something.
    I really hope your sickness doesn't last too long - send me a message if you want more info or want to chat to someone who knows how you feel x