1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I dare you to try this with your class!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by BEXJ, Apr 9, 2012.

1. This story combined with a song -Pete the Cat -I love my white shoes, was really loved by my class they could not get enough of it! Download the youtube video and try it.
    WARNING You will find yourself singing it at random times, its very addictive!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUubMSfIs-U&feature=related

2. I like it!!

3. Brilliant! The poster looking for a book for interview would do well to watch this!

4. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Pete the Cat - I'm rocking in my school shoes' is also equally addictive - My kids love it! Make more of them please!!!!

5. Just bought rocking in my school shoes and a Pete the cat soft toy on amazon my class will love it and will get them buzzing after Easter there are some nice activities on the Harper Collins website

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I'm almost looking forward to going back to school now. I can't wait to show this. I'm very tempted to have a spending spree on Amazon.

7. warmandfuzzy

warmandfuzzy New commenter

Love it!!
    My class absolutely love the Mo Willems 'Pigeon' books. They're not terribly well-known, and the children LOVE them...you have to read them right though! :)

8. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

Fab!! This is the first time I've heard of Pete the Cat and I'm seriously hooked already

9. I am now Pete the Cats number one fan!! thank you
    Have downloaded and learnt the White shoes and school shoes one-are there any
    more?

10. Excellent! Eric Litwin has also made a very cool re-telling of the 3 little pigs available on itunes. Ive used it for years and most (with v few exceptions ) love it. eve

11. He's also done Bear Hunt on itunes. You should also check out the music from The Learning Groove - some familiar ones but also lots of different styles of music. My children love Chocolate Pie on 'Outrageous Orange.'

12. This one comes out on May the first!
    [​IMG]

13. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I've ordered it - and Pete the Cat's Christmas book that won't even be out until October! Damn Amazon for making it so easy to spend money.

14. Just bought the soft toy and book from the book depository, little bit cheaper than Amazon I think!
    I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes, I love my white shoes...
    (In fact I love any shoes...think this may be why the book hit a chord!!) ;o)

15. Title caught my attention - can't wait to get an opportunity to try this.

16. Books and toy duly ordered/reserved from amazon. Songs downloaded from iTunes. Welcome to Litwin sales Inc forum!! I've a feeling he's going to (if he isn't already) become a modern classic. Deservedly so.

17. Have to agree - it will be great to use with the children.

18. Pete arrived today! [​IMG]

19. Has anyone tried this today? how was it?
    Is there just one song?

20. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Pete, plus 2 of his books (white shoes and school shoes) arrived at lunchtime today.
    I played the youtube clip from the OP at storytime. the children were very enthusiastic - most were moving to the music, and many joining in with the story and singing. Then I brought out Pete and the book, read the story to the children while Pete watched their "good sitting" and listened to their singing.
    The children loved it (as did my TA and parent helper who were also joining in). One little boy asked me to ask his mummy if she would buy Pete for him for Christmas!