1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

"?I?d rather be crying in a BMW than laughing on the back of a bicycle

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lindenlea, Feb 18, 2012.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Just stole this from twitter.
    What would you rather be?
    I'd rather be in a tent with my husband than in a luxury hotel with anyone else.
    Sorry to be sentimental - I'm sure you can do better.

2. I'd rather be poor in the country than rich in the city!

3. Depends on whether or not its raining.

4. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

5. BMWs are fantastic cars and given that cyclists are a damn nuisance, I'd go with crying in the BMW. We've had 3 and counting.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Maybe I'm missing something - but I totally disagree with the statment made on the title of this post!
    I would much rather be happy(and on a bike) than crying (in a BMW)...it's a choice between happy or rich - and I choose happy...although I wouldnt object to being happy in a BMW!

7. When the weather is warmer shall I take you for a girls day out (cream tea) in mine? You'll need Hollywood sunglasses and a headscarf [​IMG]

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

You haven't missed anything Bethannie - for you there was no problem choosing, I'm guessing many people would choose happy on a bike too - but might just need a second to think about it first. Do you remember that film where Demi Moore chose a night of hot sex with Robert Redford AND £1 million over staying true to Woody Harelson?

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

we should meet up to swap hankies. It will be dreary.
    funny and free can provide the scotch

10. I have both items and a picnic hamper just crying out to be used...can I come?

11. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

If rather be eating beans on toast with my family than stuff on the finest foods in the land and on my own.

12. Says all I want to say

13. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

feeling grumpy in a golf sounds like a decent compromise

14. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Heaven prevent me from sitting beside you and saying the wrong things like "Haven't you done enough bawling yet girl?, it was only a spider" or " Do you know how pretty you look when you're sad? Prettier still when you're angry..." or "Will you just shut the f.uck up for a moment?"