1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I couldn't do this when I was working !!

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by lindenlea, Mar 15, 2011.

1. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

We're going to Latitude in July - woo hoo! That gives me 4months to listen to all the bands I've never heard of and listen again to lovely Suede. The joys of Youtube. I love Brett Anderson's voice. The gorgeous David Morissey is going too. So many great people on. I've got a big smile on my face.

2. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Didn't post this on Personal because they'll all be jealous.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

On the other hand only about 2 people a day ever look at this forum!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I know, and only ever talk about money!

5. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

It's a waste of space! Money is so boring and one can in fact get by on remarkably little.

6. mmmmmaths

mmmmmaths New commenter

I'm 50, never done Festivals. Should I start with this one?

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ooh yes!! Look at the line up and read the forum here.

http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk/2011/
    It's not huge - we thought it was like a giant summer fete with great entertainment, last year was our first go and we really loved it. There's a really mixed age group - families, teenagers, a real mixture with plenty of middle aged faces in evidence. There's literature, poetry, comedy, all sorts as well as the bands but I have to say we really enjoyed the bands the best.
    The camping was fine, (we went in the green area - quiet camping) although the toilets are pretty dire - promised to be better this year apparently. Lots of older people go with camper vans. It might sell out soon so get booked promptly if you fancy it - what's the worst thing that could happen!.