1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

I can't decide! Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Middlemarch, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Thank you very much for offering your own ideas for advice.
    I'm a bit unclear about your objectives though - with the first example is it your intention that the children re-tell the story orally or in writing? How will you manage all of them if it's orally?
    With the second one, I don't see how they can be writing sentences if they're writing a poem.

2. Hi,
    I didn't want to put too much detail so apologies if it is a little unclear. With the first it would be orally retelling in pairs briefly if time then moving children on to do a new story plan using the structure of the one we have shared. So changing events/characters etc. Obj would be to plan a new story. I think you are right about the oral retelling though and am leaning towards leaving that out as there isn't time.
    With the second I would ask chn to note ideas on post-its, model improving it with shared writing and using success criteria then asking them to write whole phrases/sentences ready to put together for a class poem to read at the end.
    Thanks for your help.